Re: [dev] [st] Understading st behaviour

From: Amadeus Folego <amadeusfolego_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 21:36:32 -0300

Hi Guys, thank you for your feedback and taking your time to
help me!

I identified the issue.

It looks like I am spawning st with tmux (e.g. st -e tmux), and the issue is
that tmux is reparenting the process id to tmux's daemon. Example:

    tmux

     \_newsbeuter

     \_vim st.c

It is not an issue with xmonad after all, and I can confirm that the
issue happens on urxvt as well (e.g. urxvt -e tmux).

I did not find any tmux option to disable this reparenting behaviour, so
I guess I'll have to find another way to scroll the screen with st. :(

Since this is described on st's page on suckless.org as a viable way to
have scrolling can we at least update it to warn about this?

Thanks, Amadeus.