Re: [dev] [st] utf broken after aa35bbd7a16c6c210a7574a8c45bbe939d5b2922

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 14:23:38 +0200

Hi,

> > I have just updated my st to aa35bbd7a16c6c210a7574a8c45bbe939d5b2922 and have
> > problem with utf8. When I try to display czech characters (ěščřžýáíé..) with
> > mutt, st gets completely broken.
> > Also, vim doesn't display some czech characters while typing and st starts
> > spiting out errors like this

I have done some modifications that could be the reason of these problems,
but I think it should not generate problems with normal letters. I will
take a look with the charac

> > Was terminfo changed?

No, it can be due to the fact that the patch try to handle C1 codes,
that have the upper bit to 1, so they are coded in more of one byte
using utf8, and maybe I mistook in some point.

> Over here I have broken tmux line drawing. Although regular umlauts
> work for me, the glyphs you posted get drawn starting at position 0
> [0].

It is possible that some line characters that are in the range of
C0 are wrong drawn. I will look also this problem.

--
Roberto E. Vargas Caballero