Re: [dev] [st] Blank lines not preserved

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 14:55:10 -0500

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 09:47:13PM +0200, FRIGN wrote:
> What do you define by "color compatibility" anyway? Do you take a
> screenshot of your terminal and compare it with ones from other
> terminals?

I didn't even need to take a screenshot to tell the difference. The
first time I loaded up Vim, I immediately thought "WTF happened to my
colors?"

> It's about predictability (imho, all other terminals overcomplicate
> color-management). And that's why I agree on the "copy"-part, which
> definitely needs to be fixed, as the software behaves unpredictably.

If that's your defense, then my patch should be applied to st. That was
the only time I've used a 256 color terminal emulator and had anything
beyond the 16 color ANSI(?) range be different from xterm.

Eric