Re: [dev] [st] Colors slightly different hue than in xterm

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 16:21:05 -0400

I thought I'd re-read this thread, as it was brought up again
recently.

Quoth Eric Pruitt:
> On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 10:54:54AM +0100, Christoph Lohmann wrote:
> > > Brilliant! I feel silly for not noticing it only affected the bold
> > > colors. The fix was simple, and I've attached a patch in the event other
> > > people prefer the xterm behavior.
> >
> > No, fix xterm to brighten all colors. I won’t reduce the features of st
> > because of compatibility to a sloc beast.
>
> [snip]
>
> That said, I don't really think the current method of
> "increase the color number" actually guarantees the replacement color
> will actually be brighter outside the grayscale range

This seems like a reasonable point to me. If increasing brightness
of coloured text isn't something we can do accurately by changing
the colour, in the limitations of 256 colour, doing as this patch
does sounds sensible to me.