Re: [dev] Alpine Linux switched to musl libc

From: Sylvain BERTRAND <sylware_AT_legeek.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 17:47:08 +0200

On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 10:50:24AM +0200, Silvan Jegen wrote:
> Does anyone here have some experience with it?

I have had it installed on my laptop for a while. But since I hardly
use my laptop...

What I can say: openrc is... not suckless: it's a kludge of
scripts which try to manage all possible cases. I did remove
openrc from my custom gentoo gnu/linux distro for this reason.

I haven't updated alpine in while. I wonder if the glob and
regexp engines, the date/time management and the brainfuckage which
are the C locales are up to speed with the glibc. Coze,
those things are from the nasty libc bits.
I do prefere GNU Lesser GPL for libc legal protection. But if
musl is really modular, working on those nasty pieces of the libc
standard, and has a suckless sdk, I'm ready to drop my GNU Lesser
GPL requirement to give it a try.

--
Sylvain