Re: [dev] arrow in the knee because of the GNU GPL???

From: Alexander Huemer <alexander.huemer_AT_xx.vu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 23:29:09 +0200

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 04:07:14AM +0900, Philip Rushik wrote:
> > You have cause and effect written incorrectly. Free software existed
> > first, then licenses were created afterward to protect them.
>
> Ok, well then in popularized or spread "free" software. My point was
> just that "has done good" doesn't justify its continued use, and
> doesn't make it suckless. That's all.

Well, in my opinion Linux is a nice example of the positive effect the
GPL has. I hope that many other projects will choose the GPL as their
license. Please note that I do not think that it's the right license for
everything and I for sure don't want to suggest it would be the right
license for the suckless.org software.

Kind regards,
-Alex