Re: [dev] Plain text editor that sucks less - an alternative to VIM?

From: Martti Kühne <mysatyre_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 12:17:39 +0300

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't really see the point of editors that use a terminal-based,
> clickable UI. If you want that, you can just use a regular-GUI-based
> editor like gedit, kate etc.

I know how much suck comes with GUI editors, but I switched from gedit
to geany when I discovered how gedit chokes with its super-smart
live-hilighting search on larger files. This means, if you have a
large text file and use ^F, when you start typing 't', you'll have to
wait until that pohs (piece and then something with horse) colorizes
every instance on the letter 't' in the whole file. I since cannot
recommend gedit...

cheers!
mar77i