Re: [dev] Why do you use tmux/screen?

From: Bigby James <bigby.james_AT_crepcran.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 13:23:19 -0500

On 06/30, Charlie Kester wrote:
> On Mon 30 Jun 2014 at 17:48:48 PDT Dimitris Zervas wrote:
> >
> >Hello,
> >
> >After a year or so in the list, I think each and every one is using tmux or
> >screen (I think more tmux, but do not start a war please, that's not the
> >subject).
>
> I don't use either of them. I use dvtm, built with musl libc.
>
> Because it sucks less.

For a complex full-screen working environment I'd agree, but in my opinion it
isn't really suited for something simple like monitoring or checking in on an
ssh session in a small terminal window. Though on that note, if you want
something simple to maintain detached sessions for one or two applications,
abduco[1] is pretty sweet.

[1]: http://www.brain-dump.org/projects/abduco/
--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams