Re: [dev] Looking for simple, alpha supporting image format

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 19:23:54 +0200

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 17:35:59 +0100
Alex Anderson <alexanderandersonofandover_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Alex,

> * why have fixed-size width and height fields if they're between
> "blank" bytes? Is for simpler read code?

it's been done this way to make parsing easier. Knowing the header is
always 30 chars long saves you from having to fiddle with it too much.

> * is "blank" ASCII-blank, or '0x00'? (From the write-code, it looks like ASCII)
Definitely ASCII-blank. 0x00 doesn't work well with all these
printf-functions. I tested a solution with 0x00 instead of blanks, but
quickly ran into issues with the fancy string-handling-functions.
You'd basically have to do it char-by-char then and "reinvent" printf
or snprintf to a buffer and then manually swap out placeholders with
0x00.

Cheers

FRIGN

--