Re: [dev] Looking for simple, alpha supporting image format

From: Charlie Murphy <cmsmurp00_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 13:44:20 -0400

Köhring, Norman wrote:
> them? Also, regarding the magic number: Image is a very common description. We
> could also think about words like “picture” (or “pic”) or use some abbreviation
> of “simple image format”: SIF or SIMG?

Branding such a general format would be unjust, IMO. I like having the
spec inside the magic string:

Bytes Description
13 ASCII string: "img13w7h7rgba"
7 Right-justified, space-padded ASCII string containing width.
7 Right-justified, space-padded ASCII string containing height.
(w*h) Raw RGBA.

Charlie Murphy