Re: [dev] surf rewrite for WebKit2GTK

From: Daniel Camolês <bigatojj_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 17:13:48 -0200

>> Am I alone? Is there any hope out there?
>
> I'm working on this problem. I think the solution is white-box testing
> from the ground up, so that software encodes not just the rules about
> what to do but the specific scenarios that the programmer considered.

No, that was not what I was talking about. In this browser discussion,
I am not interested in ways to understand complexity as your proposed
solution. I think the fact that the browser needs to be this huge is a
signal that things are very, very wrong, and a new solution for
application distribution needs to come. I am not trying to understand
the current browser's code nor looking for ways to deal with huge
messes. I can't believe the the web and the browser are the better
solution for this problem.