Re: [dev] Macbook retina and dwm

From: Evan Gates <evan.gates_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 13:17:21 -0700

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Dimitris Zervas <dzervas_AT_dzervas.gr> wrote:
> On October 26, 2014 9:57:49 PM EET, Evan Gates <evan.gates_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>>I'm in the same boat. My DPI is automagically set correctly
> Without a xorg.conf? Cool.

Correct.

>>and using
>>a larger font size works as it should with dwm's status bar and my
>>terminal.
> What font size are you using

I'm currently switching between Terminus size 24 and 28 trying to
figure out which I prefer.

>>The problem I'm currently facing is finding a browser that
>>supports HIDPI correctly.
> Pictures for ants? or other problems too?

Most things are tiny, however some text is too large (e.g. titles in
tabs). I recompiled chrome in an attempt to figure out the
experimental hidpi mode but I haven't had any luck. Zooming in on a
page helps, but then all elements are big and the page doesn't seem
reflow as it should. Same is true for using surf's zoomto96dpi
setting. As such I'm spending most of my time between 150% and 200%
zoom with dwm in monocle mode.

-emg