Re: [dev] Decouple build system from program settings

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 12:12:13 +0100

On Fri, 5 Dec 2014 12:06:05 +0100
"Dmitrij D. Czarkoff" <czarkoff_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> So I expect people to read config.mk.

It would be my second direction after config.h (if you are used to
the suckless style)

> This was my initial thought, but config.def.h with 2 lines doesn't seem
> sane. Although it is saner then mixing configuration of build system
> and program options in one file.

Yeah, just create a config.def.h. I don't see the problem with the
config.mk-approach, but I bet most people agree with me that

config.mk is there to fiddle with the build
config(.def).h is there to fiddle with the program properties

So just for the sake of consistency, given the two colours are a
program property, it should be in config.h (even if it is only 2
lines, who cares? There's not going to be a binary change and especially
no difference after the CPP-vomit).

Cheers

FRIGN

--