Re: [dev] st patches and clipboard issues

From: CustaiCo <custaico_AT_openmailbox.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 03:55:23 +0000

On Thu, Jan 01, 2015 at 09:19:24PM -0500, Philip Rushik wrote:
> I have attempted to figure this out, but the mechanism st uses seems
> so simple and correct according to what I know of the X11 protocol, so
> I can't figure it out.... However, somebody here might know st better
> than I do.

You can do some testing with xclip[0] which allows you to manipulate
the clipboard and also see requests made to xclip from X to see
what's going on. If run with the -quiet flag it will stay in the
foreground and notify you of every request it gets. That way you can
see if the clipboard sharing program is passing on the requests to the x
client that currently has the selection.

Or just attach a debugger to st and see what's different between the
first requests that work and the second ones that don't. That might be
even easier.

CustaiCo

[0] http://sourceforge.net/projects/xclip/