Re: [dev] [ii] Patch to use ii with UCSPI backend

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 01:44:24 +0100

younix wrote:
> What is your opinion about this diff? At least it would be great to put this
> patch at the ii suckless webpage. So I could made an OpenBSD port (flavor) of
> it.

As I've already told you on 31c3 I think the separation in socket/tls/protocol
layers is very good and can be reused for other protocols (your secret project,
which you didn't announce yet ;)) easily. If it is not accepted upstream,
you can push your patch to the website[0] on your own.

Arguments against adapting it upstream would be the additional dependencies.
Since I like to spread ii in situations with no internet access and people in
desperate need of an IRC client to join the local IRC server and don't want to
include other dependencies, a new branch might be used. What do you think?

--Markus

0: http://suckless.org/wiki