Re: [dev] [ii] Patch to use ii with UCSPI backend

From: Nico Golde <nico_AT_ngolde.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:49:38 +0100

Hi,
* Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de> [2015-01-22 14:30]:
> younix wrote:
> > I don't get the point with an additional git branch!? What would be the
> > advantage of it, instead of a diff on the website? How would it look like if
> > you made the next release of ii?
>
> After a new official release or just a simple new bugfix commit, I feel a `git
> merge master` from the new branch would be simpler than adapting the patch each
> time. Basically it's a tradeoff between a more complex updating mechanism (more
> work for the maintainer) and a more complex repository structure (harder to
> understand for new users).

Right that was my main motivation to suggest this in the first place. Either
way, I have no preference, if you prefer a patch for the website that's
absolutely fine, so let's go for that!

Cheers
Nico
--
Nico Golde - XMPP: nion_AT_jabber.ccc.de - GPG: 0xA0A0AAAA