Re: [dev] pseudo-problem copying and pasting

From: Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:28:13 -0500

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015, at 06:26 AM, Vampyrah Broadcasting wrote:
> It was me. Could you hint me to that post?

Are you aware that:
1) You can use the middle mouse button to paste after hitting Ctrl-y in
surf, and that requires no change to surf?
2) You can right click on a link in surf and a pop-up menu appears
including the item "Copy Link Location" which *does* use the clipboard
(it seems to use both clipboard and primary).

As far as a post on how to change the source code of surf to use the
clipoard rather than the primary selection for Ctrl-y, I just looked and
I cannot find it either. Maybe it was a message to individuals rather
than to the mailing list. Just taking a wild guess, changing it might
be as easy as replacing GDK_SELECTION_PRIMARY with
GDK_SELECTION_CLIPBOARD in function clipboard(). I haven't tried it,
just a guess.

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Does exactly what it says on the tin