Re: [dev] st: selecting text affects both primary and clipbaord

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 08:05:37 +0100

> I really don't like the idea of C-S-C or M3-C as these are really basic
> keybinds and may be used for applications. Also the proximity with C-C
> makes it easier to terminate a running application when you just wanted
> to copy some text.

It is impossible to use ctrl + shift combinations in the terminal world.
Shift makes an or with 0x20 and ctrl makes an and with 0x1f, so if you
press them at the same time you are going to have something like
(c | 0x20) ^ 0x1f == c & 0x1f.

> C-Ins looked like a nice suggestion, even though we are not inserting
> text into the application.

I prefer the ctrl + shift for the reason I posted (they cannot be used
in a terminal application) and because I would like to use ctrl + insert
for an ascii mode sequence.

Regards,