Re: [dev] A suckless issue tracker

From: Mattias Andrée <maandree_AT_kth.se>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 02:49:14 +0200

On Mon, 6 Apr 2015 17:35:11 -0700
Louis Santillan <lpsantil_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Gopher server as a goal! I love it. Especially since
> I've been reading up on the protocol recently.

It's a lovely protocol! If only there was a way
around the issue that gopher uses its own URL syntax.

And even better than its lovely protocol. Every single
gopher page looks wonderful. And gopher site designers
do not spend months on creating a good interface, it
just comes automatically with the protocol.

> But seriously, when I need a light-weight, private Issue
> Tracker, I reach for cvstrac [0]. It supported SQLite
> for almost a decade before Richard Hipp replaced it with
> Fossil [1]. Supports cvs, svn, git.

Haven't read about Fossil, but SQL in an issue tracker:
yuk! Plain text files should be used whenever possible,
and a issue tracker certainly do not require anything
more advanced.

One drawback with my design is that it is not SCM-agnostic,
so some commands need multiple versions: one per SCM.
But I will only do git versions.