Re: [dev] books that rock

From: pmarin <pacogeek_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 08:08:32 +0200

> - The awk language
> - Software Tools in Pascal, Kernighan and Plauger (I think there is
> a version of this book in C, isn't it?)

I have both of them.

The first version of Software Tools is written in ratfor which is
almost a C dialect but doesn't support recursion and structures. None
the less it's impressive what can be achieved with so few language
primitives.

The awk book is valuable and extremely condensed. It is sad that
people usually read the Arnold's crap instead the real book.