Re: [dev] [dvtm] Pertag patch for dvtm

From: Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 19:06:06 +0200

Hi Ross,

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 03:22:08PM -0400, Ross Mohn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I sent this directly to Marc, but I think it would be useful to post

Yes, sorry for the radio silence. I thought I replied to your mail but
looking back I apparently did not.

Upon first glance the implemenation seems simple enough.

> here as well. The attached patch for an implementation in dvtm of the
> dwm pertag patch. It actually plays much more nicely with multiple tags
> than I had anticipated. I think it's appropriate for the master branch,
> but that's not up to me. I'd love to hear some feedback!

I personally have never used the pertag patch and will have to
try it out to see whether it suits my workflow. Therefore I don't yet
have an opinion on whether it should be merged into master.

Also up until now dvtm didn't really have major out of tree patches
nor a place to keep track of them. If there is interest I could offer
to push it to a topic branch and update it before every release.

Unfortunately I most likely won't have time during the next 2-3 weeks
to properly try it out ...

Thanks,
Marc

--