Re: [dev] surf release?

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 14:59:00 +0200

Greetings.

On Tue, 02 Jun 2015 14:59:00 +0200 "Jack L. Frost" <fbt_AT_fleshless.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 11:16:52AM +0200, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > There have been more then 2 years since 0.6 surf release (2013-02-10).
> > Maybe it is time for 0.7?
>
> As a packager, I'd very much appreciate tagging once in a while so that we have
> static targets for patching and packaging.

I could push out more releases and tag nearly every new feature that’s
stable, if you like. But here’s my view that struggles me. I am using
releases to reconsider what’s done in the project and what could be done
next. Just tagging it would be a soft hint for you what’s changed. This
would be solved by having a simple Changelog file in the project, which
I would accept.

But you being a packager, here’s my most important question: Do you need
the checksum of the tarball? If not, then the link to the cgit interface
would be enough for download. This saves much time in the release gener‐
ation.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann