Re: [dev] [dvtm] create in $CWD not working

From: Ross Mohn <rpmohn_AT_waxandwane.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 13:11:22 -0400

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 06:45:05PM +0200, Markus Teich wrote:
> Ross Mohn wrote:
> > Yes, I'd like to send these just to hackers_AT_, where they belong
>
> Heyho Ross,
>
> I don't think hackers_AT_ was the right choice. It was a support question, neither
> a patch nor a discussion about a proposed patch or even an actual bug report of
> a bug in dvtm. Your problem (getting cwd of an arbitrary process) has also been
> discussed on dev_AT_ in the past.

That highlights my frustration with the new definitions for the mailing
lists. I am a hacker/developer and really only ask a question when I
need a little help hacking on the code. As you can see, my question led
me to submit the patched solution in the same email thread. The changed
definitions "keep the development out of the endless support threads on
dev_AT_ and development more enjoyable." My question was a development
question, not a support question, and therefore was more appropriately
discussed on hackers_AT_. Why "support" is discussed on "dev[elopment]" and
not on a new support_AT_ list is still beyond me, but I'll get over it as
soon as Marc shows up on hackers_AT_. :-)

Thanks! -Ross