Re: [dev] Filtering HTML attachments

From: Stephen Whitmore <stephen.whitmore_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 15:19:19 -0700

On 08/09 23:57, Teodoro Santoni wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> On Sun, Aug 09, 2015 at 09:41:45PM +0200, Christoph Lohmann wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >
> > In our mission towards a more suckless world a small step to discuss is
> > to filter HTML attachments to our mailinglists.
> >
> > Should attachments be stripped or offenders be blocked and warned?
>
> I'd go for stripping attachments, drop HTML-only
> emails and sell HTML email users' addresses.

I wonder if an educational approach might be more effective than an
aggressive one: linking the "offending" user to relevant documentation
on how to configure various MUAs for text-only and/or informative
articles on why HTML email is considered bad practice. Bonus: you
potentially get a new educated contributor rather than having turned one
away.