Re: [dev] [slock] Ctrl+Alt+Backspace Xorg Termination works

From: Mattias Andrée <maandree_AT_member.fsf.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 16:13:08 +0200

On Sun, 27 Sep 2015 15:05:29 +0100
Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk> wrote:

> Quoth Mattias Andrée:
> > You could write a wrapper that use setxkbmap
> > to remove the terminate-option, and restore
> > it when slock exits.
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to add this functionality directly
> to slock?

Yes it would. Of course, it needs to be optional.

My university have a rule that you may not lock
the computer for more than 10 minutes, thus it
is required that students can press ctrl+alt+backspace
to kill X and return the the display manager.
In this case, it would be useful if ctrl+alt+backspace
was automatically added (even if it was not present
when slock was started) after 10 minutes.