Re: [dev] paste_AT_

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 09:19:46 +0100

Good morning 20h,

On 3 November 2015 at 22:42, Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:
> the web has grown to be a big pastebin of URIs and short‐living content.
> One good example for this are paste services which don’t guarantee any‐
> thing. I came to the idea of having a paste mailinglist: All history is
> stored, nothing will vanish and it’s easy to reference to pastes in his‐
> tory.
>
> What do you think of that idea?

I do like the idea of having a paste recording. But I don't like the
idea of making it mailinglist based. That sucks. You will end up using
a mail archiver to look through your paste history? Sounds terrible to
me.

Instead I would suggest to develop a paste-server (could be done via
udp) that can be used to store paste's for a given arbitrary prefix
(pick what you want as key for such a paste list).

Then you'd need a paste client that performes a new "paste" for the
prefix given (or compiled into your paste client due to a config.h
setup).

The paste client should also allow for retrieving and/or querying in
the dedciated paste list.

Using the same prefix would allow collaborating on a certain paste list.

BR,
Anselm