Re: [dev] dwm: force fullscreen to tile

From: Hiltjo Posthuma <hiltjo_AT_codemadness.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 17:50:08 +0100

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 2:47 PM, Draco Metallium(Rodrigo S. CaƱibano)
<draco.kun_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Good day.
>
> I was wondering, is there some way to force fullscreen apps to a tile?
>
> For example, in i3wm I could put a youtube video in full screen, then
> turn i3wm full screen off, and the video would continue in 'full
> screen' but inside a tile.
>
> Can it be done?
>
> Thanks! And sorry for the wroken English.

I like to use a separate fullscreen layout for such things. It is
based on the default monocle layout but it toggles the borders around
clients and toggles the statusbar.

Example (NOTE: code is pre-dwm 6.1):

togglefullscreen function to toggle layout and hide drawbar:
http://git.codemadness.nl/dwm/tree/dwm.c?h=hiltjo#n1783
fullscreen layout based on monocle:
http://git.codemadness.nl/dwm/tree/dwm.c?h=hiltjo#n1226

Kind regards,