Re: [dev] Announcement: Backporting the fun into C

From: Dimitris Papastamos <sin_AT_2f30.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 15:44:23 +0000

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 11:21:13AM +0100, Martti Kühne wrote:
> My experience with suckless software has shown me pretty clearly that
> the tradeoffs in code quality around here are not really acceptable
> for code that I wanted both to release or work on myself, and let's
> face it, it doesn't help to just pretend these issues don't exist.
> That also means, no, I won't cut corners like to leave the releasing
> of resources and file descriptors to the operating system or use die()
> in what is supposed to be library code where error handling must
> clearly be up to the caller. Other people should actually be able to
> write programs with it, too, as that's a legitimate aspect of the term
> library.

I don't know what you are on about, but suckless hasn't really developed
any libraries. The only "library" is libutf which allows the caller to
handle errors just fine.

The other are bits and pieces shared between suckless projects but they
are not libraries. They are merely util functions.

Learn to do the minimum work necessary to get the job done.