Re: [dev] c++ compiler that rocks

From: Mattias Andrée <maandree_AT_kth.se>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 09:45:38 +0100

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 01:10:04 -0600
<xire.luetof_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Apologies that you dislike my current mailer;
> where is the archive?
> And why is it netiquette to have line breaks instead
> of line wrapping client-side?

If the sender does the client wrapping, it can either
be automatic or manual, and it can be done perfectly
because wrapping manually is trivial (assuming you
know to hyphenate at syllable-breaks (of course
hyphenation is seldom done in e-mail.))

If the recipients does not wrapping automatically, it
cannot be perfect if the message is in plain-text,
and barely even for marked up text manual hyphenation
hinting is done.

Now, you can of course have both. The recipients client
could support rewrapping messages.