Re: [dev] [farbfeld] version 1 release

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 22:20:15 +0100

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 11:55:26 -0800
"Leander S. Harding" <lsh_AT_lsh.io> wrote:

> Modest proposal: let us define an animated-farbfeld format as a
> tarball of sequentially-name farbfeld files, perhaps with a metadata
> file containing frame times and looping information.

To be honest, I am kind of on the webm-bandwagon for animations.
Animated gifs served the web well for over 10 years, but it's just
clear that animations served with image formats just won't cut it.
the problem is that compression algorithms won't be able to handle the
data as well as a video encoder could.

It takes more thought to come up with a suckless video format, and to
be honest, I don't find this area to be as exciting or useful as the
area of image editing.

Although I think your proposal was kind of creative, let's really
focus on the image format here.

Cheers

FRIGN

--