Re: [dev] [website] Project ideas page

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 07:16:14 +0100

On 13 January 2016 at 21:34, FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de> wrote:
> I must honestly say that I'm not convinced a GSoC would be a good influx
> of positive activity for suckless projects.

It would have a good PR effect at least.

> It takes a while for people to develop the right mindset and understand
> the philosophy behind our work. Successfully finishing a GSoC student
> programme would require a strict mentoring in the process.

That is always the case.

> Depending on who is the student, the first steps will be difficult.

Not necessarily. If we'd be accepted by Google, we can actually pick
the student ourselves based on its application. The application
material should suffice to check prior work for suckless
compatibility.

> Also, I am confident that people find suckless, and not the other way
> around.

Sure, but there are chances to rescue at least one or two deluded
intelligences through GSoC, that would otherwise end up as C++ or
Swift zealots.

BR,
Anselm