Re: [dev] Re: [slock] red color on control keys?

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 14:48:27 +0200

David Phillips wrote:
> This /may/ not achieve quite the behaviour that Frostyfrog is after. By
> example, I would appreciate if slock was able to only show failcolor when the
> buffer is empty and a key which actually modifies the buffer was pressed.

Heyho David,

we already discussed this. There are two settings, one for the "normal" people
and one for the paranoid ones. The setting you propose is mostly the same as the
paranoid one, but slightly less paranoid. Why should paranoid people settle for
something less paranoid? You are very welcome to push a patch to the wiki
changing the paranoid setting to ignore modifier and function keys.

On the other hand we can of course discuss changing the default of the
`failonclear` setting to `0`. However I already pushed a little explanation to
the slock home page (not yet online) which might help people to first read the
config file before asking here on the ML.

Since slock is a security oriented program I would stick to the `1` default
paranoid setting.

--Markus