Re: [dev] svmidi - a simple virtual midi keyboard (WIP)

From: Johnny Oskarsson <joskar_AT_joskar.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 22:33:23 +0200

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank you for this! I use VMPK quite
a lot and it is nice to see a "simpler" alternative without all the
dependencies.

> The biggest missing feature is ALSA support, which I can't do
> since I have no linux box, but might be extremely simple task.
> Once the support is added, the software can be quite useful, in
> such a small piece of code.

I added basic support for ALSA, which works on my machine at least. See
attached patch.
(fair warning: I haven't used the ALSA sequencer API before)

There seems to be some BSD-specific things in your code (u_char, for
instance) which I had to change to make svmidi compile, but I haven't
included this in the patch since it would distract from the ALSA
support itself.

Cheers,

Johnny