Re: [dev] "Note On Webkit Versions"

From: Kamil Cholewiński <harry666t_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 18:50:48 +0200

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016, Ben Woolley <tautolog_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> You pretty much just described Dillo. Bookmarks exist, but through the
> plugin API only. Memory only cache. CSS and SSL support, but no JS.
> About the only thing I could see counted against it is that it is C++
> and not C, but imagine the "magic" that it would probably have in C.
> Probably best in C++ anyway.

Forgot about Dillo! Good stuff:

- 53k sloc; beats w3m & lynx feature-wise
- It's here today and works reasonably well

Bad stuff:

- UI is horribly inconvenient; spartan doesn't mean it should suck
- C++, autohell, pthreads
- FLTK is 100k sloc C++; includes support for Cairo, GL, kitchen sinks
- Focus on security - status unknown?

K.