[dev] Languages that suck (was "Note On Webkit Versions")

From: Timothy Rice <t.rice_AT_ms.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 11:12:08 +1000

> C is definitely not suckless either, especially when it comes
> to UB, but it's probably the language with least suck and
> highest simplicity while giving the most power to the developer.

Not too long ago I expressed support for C as a way to obtain very fast
programs; the context is I work around people who are interested in stat
mech, MCMC, simulations of complex systems, etc.

A more experienced developer replied that in fact Go has comparable speed
to C but does not lead to the same memory management challenges, thus
should usually be preferred. It appears that most interest in C these days
is from people who need to work with Arduinos.

So, while we're on the (off-)topic of comparing the suckiness of various
languages, what do people here think about Go?

Kind regards,

Tim