Re: [dev] "Note On Webkit Versions"

From: Bobby Powers <bobbypowers_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 12:27:29 -0400

Hi,

Kamil CholewiƄski wrote:
> Compiler-level seatbelts are too good not to have! That's how I'd see
> THE candidate to replace C: safe by default, full control only when you
> need it. Add: actually simple (looking at you, Go, Rust), and we'd
> finally have a worthy contender.

Go is a _much_ simpler language than C.

Go specification:
https://golang.org/ref/spec
C specification:

The _implementation_ of Go is less simple, as it includes a userspace
scheduler and low-latency GC, but I don't know how you would expect to
add seatbelts to C or assembly and not increase _eiter_ the language
_or_ implementation complexity.

yours,
Bobby