Re: [dev] New Suckless computer language?

From: Staven <staven_AT_staven.pl>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 01:54:00 +0000

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 11:18:11AM +1100, Sylvain BERTRAND wrote:
> Go compiler/sdk is that c++ dependent (language and runtime) kludge which is
> gcc now (go is google and gcc becoming hard dependent on a c++98
> compiler/runtime is google mistake too), and rust compiler/sdk has similar
> issues.

I'm not sure what you meant to say here, on account of your grammar being
inside-out, but before the Go compiler was rewritten in Go, it used
to be written in C. I'm not sure if anybody ever tried to compile it
with anything except GCC.

If you're talking about the GCC Go frontend, I'm still not sure
why it exists, but it's hardly mandatory to use it.