Re: [dev] [surf] Webkit2 with proxy server

From: Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 01:19:54 +0100

> Hi,
Hi Ian,

> I have been using 'standard' surf through a proxy server for some time
> by just setting 'http_proxy' in the env. This doesn't work with
> webkit2. Does anyone know a fix? Otherwise surf2 seems to be working
> fine.
Works for me.

With webkit2gtk, the proxy handling is delegated down to libsoup which
uses libproxy which supports http_proxy.

Maybe your system isn't built to reflect that (although I think libsoup
*requires* that libproxy dependency).

Please give more information if that's not the case, we can't give you
a fix to “it doesn't work”.

> Thanks
You're welcome