Re: [dev] Re: st: Use after free

From: Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 11:48:33 -0500

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017, at 10:18, Alexander Keller wrote:
> Now now. No need to hold contempt on the mailing lists. Suckless isn't
> some Linux list where we go off on people who want to help but didn't
> read the entire codebase, wiki, and archive before posting.

Uh, yea it is. Where have you been? Many times I have seen on this
list a poster who reports a bug without a patch scolded, berated, and
generally treated like shit for daring to do so. I would think that a
suckless developer who takes pride in his/her programming would *want*
to know about any bugs regardless of whether a patch is provided, but it
seems like some people on this list take pride in their nastiness.
Personally I think it is despicable and anti-progress to discourage bug
reports.

By the way, I'd like to point out that I've noticed that Laslo/FRIGN (if
you are the same person) has become much less grouchy and much more nice
in the recent past. Thank you Laslo/FRIGN!