Re: [dev] Some core tools

From: stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 09:43:42 -0500

I think this was blocked by the mailing list, sorry if its a
duplicate. I wanted to mention that there is a m4 converted from a bsd
 rewrite of m4 into a more Linux compatible version, he advised it had all
 the popularly used features but may be missing a few of the lesser used. I
 for one have used it for a while with pcc and haven't seen issues related
 to m4. Perhaps this would be a helpful starting point for you.

 http://haddonthethird.net/m4/