[dev] [sltar] Listed project idea to extend sltar with compression

From: Jalal Almutawa <jalal.almutawa_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 15:15:21 +0300

Dear Suckless community,

As a newcomer who have seen the problems that your philosophy
addresses myself, I took a look at ways to get involved, and saw this
listed project idea to extend sltar with bzip2 and gzip functionality.

I started to give it a shot, and then got a bit confused as to why
this is required, since one can pipe the resulting tar to any
compression tool instead of making sltar bigger by incorporating this
functionality in the code. This will also leave the floor open to the
users to pick the compression tool they like, instead of having to
choose from bundled options.

Thank you for the great projects and website.

Regards,
Jalal Almutawa