[dev] [sbase] tar: GNUTYPE support?

From: willy <willy_AT_mailoo.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 14:49:22 +0100

Hello everyone,

got a question about the tar implementation. Are the GNU-specific
filetypes headers meant to be supported? I'm thinking specifically about
the 'L' and 'K' types, respectively LongName and LongLink.
If there is any alternative to avoid implementing it, it'd be better IMO,
as it would avoid relying on implementation-specific behaviors.

I'm aware they are not standard, but they seem to be pretty common,
and without them, one cannot even extract the gcc or clang source code.

--
willy