[dev] [announce] fb2sixel: view farbfeld images in terminal

From: Alexander Krotov <ilabdsf_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 02:57:20 +0300

I have crafted a program to convert farbfeld images to sixels:
https://github.com/ilabdsf/ff2sixel

I am going to use it myself to quickly display images over SSH.
Hope someone else finds it useful.

Too bad st does not have a patch to display sixels, so I am going
to use mlterm when I need to browse images. One simple way to
implement it in st is to cut out sixel images, convert them back
to farbfeld (with separate process) and pass result to lel. Not
going to do it now, just an idea.

Any feedback is appreciated.