Re: [dev] [slock] 1.4 no longer working on freebsd with ldap/kerberos

From: Andrew Cobaugh <andrew.cobaugh_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 15:41:51 -0400

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 7:10 PM, Markus Teich
<markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de> wrote:
> Heyho Andrew,
>
> Andrew Cobaugh wrote:
>> I believe this is related to this change:
>>
>> http://git.suckless.org/slock/commit/?id=04143fd68dbc656905714eff5c208fadb3464e25
>
> Can you confirm this commit is the cause of the regression by using git bisect?

I'm actually having a hard time bisecting, because even vanilla 1.3
fails to work correctly. The screen locks, but then it doesn't accept
my password.

There is this patch in the ports tree which is necessary to make 1.3
work for me, but it doesn't seem to apply cleanly much after 1.3.
Perhaps that's a clue?

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/x11/slock/files/patch-slock.c?view=markup&pathrev=434733

>> In my case, my passwd field contains '*' because my user exists in ldap,
>> and my password is coming through Kerberos.
>>
>> This was all working on 1.3. Please advise.
>
> Are `__OpenBSD__`, `HAVE_SHADOW_H`, `HAVE_BSD_AUTH` set on your system?

No. There is another patch in ports that sets HAVE_PAM in config.mk:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/x11/slock/files/patch-config.mk?view=markup

--
andy