Re: [dev][all] Hello

From: Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 16:26:06 +0200

Hi Lennart

On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 03:28:41PM +0530, Lennart Poeterring wrote:
> As some of you may know, there has been some discussion within the
> suckless project to bring in external talent to help improve the
> condition of the programs. As a result of this management discussion,
> the project has hired me, Lennart Poettering, after witnessing my
> wonderful work on lightweight, minimalistic and simplifying projects
> such as systemd and pulseaudio.
>
> I am willing to work with your highly bloated systems and help
> make them compatible with more systems, enable systemd integration
> (eventually they will be a part of systemd) while also promoting the
> use of superior software development techniques, such as forcing your
> project to become a dependency of another, to further its use (my
> marketing team came up with that). Especially useful when a simple
> patch can reverse that dependency still works 5 years down the line.

Many thanks for supporting us! We all look up to you and your magnus opus!

I have a great idea for a first project already! You could start by
integrating 'st' into systemd, tightly couple them with each other so
that none of them can be used without each other and making sure that
we depend on DBus as well. Because of the incompatibility with the old
'st' I think we should rename the systemd-integrated version of 'st' to
'STD'. What do you think???

Cheers,

Silvan