Re: [dev] surf+tabbed and session management

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 16:10:51 +0200

just for inspiration:

check out the format in .opera-12/sessions/autosave.win
plaintext .ini format, keeps history per tab, including title, url,
position, etc.
it's easy to parse, extract valuable information and stash away bookmarks.
file is being written regularly (on changes, but probably with a rate-limit).

personally i think tabs are stupid. there should be one url and title
per process.
problem is: you still need one history per tab/window/process.
if you want to keep it compatible with having just one single session
file in opera format all those different processes have to synchronize
via one process that then writes into the session file before
requesting a new site or going back/forward in history.