[dev] [farbfeld] version 3 release

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 23:24:58 +0200

Hello fellow hackers,

I'm pleased to announce version 3 of farbfeld[0][1].

The main focus of this release was stability and code refactorizations.
Fortunately, it all worked out very well and across the board you can
count on these tools not to fail on you.
The build system was revamped, heavily simplified and is with one small
exception POSIX compliant. I also reworked the invert.c example filter
to reflect the larger focus on hardening the tools.
I fixed quite a few subtle edge-cases in the tools and the scripts, and
now they should all work flawlessly. If not, please feel free to report
bugs!

Thanks for the helpful feedback, patches and suggestions! Let's see
what the future has in store for us.

With best regards

Laslo Hunhold

[0]: http://tools.suckless.org/farbfeld