Re: [dev] Surf update

From: Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe <wcm_AT_sigwinch.xyz>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 14:08:29 -0400

Sylvain,

Quoth sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com:
>IRL matters forbid me to have a clear mind and more, that in order to code
>something significant (my IRL is indeed accelerating towards total
>destruction). I feel totally castrated and unable to express my skill sets: 2
>people which were closed to me, literally told me that I should drop open
>source software if "I don't want to die"...

I think many of us can relate to this. Anyone who cares about software
who has not drunk the “design by geniuses for use by idiots” Kool-Aid
must be saddened by the state of the computer world. FRIGN is probably
right that a paradigm shift is very unlikely, but on a
person-by-person level I think it is possible encourage people to use
better software, and through that to teach better attitudes.

Provided you write software to express your view of the potential of
computing and your respect for other programmers, I don’t think it
could ever be a waste of time.

Regards,

--
wcm