Re: Re: [dev] Interesting Web Browser Decoupling Concept

From: Calvin Morrison <mutantturkey_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 10:57:16 -0400

On 13 June 2017 at 09:29, hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> linux supports multiple users for permission management.

A hassle at best, quirky at worst. I'd rather have per process permissions.

> on android nothing works either. apps often require random libraries
> like google play services to be installed and are generally written by
> comparatively incompetent programmers.
> android is a moving target.

I uninstalled google play, uninstalled google services, and now use
f-droid. It has the basic programs I need and is pretty quick. f-droid
is all open source programs.

Android is a moving target but this is 'suck-less' right? the current
design philosophy of the internet sucks, I want it to suck less.
Android apps objectively sucks less than webapps.