Re: [dev] Interesting Web Browser Decoupling Concept

From: Kamil Cholewiński <harry666t_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 16:46:55 +0200

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017, Dominykas Mostauskis <dominykas.mostauskis_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's an idea. As an alternative to wrestling with resource heavy
> applications directly, implement heavy taxation on consumer device
> computational power. [...]
>
> To continue the regulation rant, closed source should be taxed
> similarly. [...]

If your idea of "better" must be forced by a law, it's not better,
you're just being a nazi.

I have a genuinely better alternative for you: just don't run sucky
software. Go install base OpenBSD on a potato, it has everything you
need to be productive with a computer, including no web browser at all
(not even lynx). It has two text editors: vi and mg, both excellent
choices for hacking on C, Perl or shell. It has a toolchain, and loads
of extremely well-written documentation. It comes with the full source
code and a permissive license.

Go write great software - if it has any value, people will prefer it
over sucky alternatives, no stupid regulations required.

<3,K.